Hmm, it seems like we continue to write, but don’t get past the part that we’re up to those 18 questions. So this morning we are going to start off with them quite directly. Some of these might be answered already so we’ll skip through them pretty fast.
1. Is the proof copy ready to edit. We’ll have to wait and see how the day unfolds … we’re thinking either late today or tomorrow. Nothing to do here, but wait. We did send Carolyn the Preface by Dr. Woollcott. We’re really happy to have that in. It’s great!
2. An intro to Maria in marketing? We would like to confirm with Carolyn if Maria is back a day and time for a meeting. There’s so much to do, but we feel good in that the weekend work over short and long term goals helped to solidify the project for Maria and we are going to want that for sure!
3. What are the costs of the book? I know that Carolyn wants to wait until she gets a page count, but we are really happy with the prices we came up over the weekend with … at least for the first 14 books. I want it to be very consistent so that people know what they are getting into and that they won’t have to fear inflation with us. Especially since this is being done over a relatively short time frame of five years. The following is the costs we’d like for the first book. The major definition is due to the cost of 14 hard cover books one at a time being $500. The $450 price is a discount of $50 for buying the series as one entire set.
Book #1 August 2003 – August 2004 (1 of 1 book 2010) YEAR 1
Book #2 September 2004 - August 2005 (1 of 3 books 2011) YEAR 2
Book #3 September 2005 - August 2006 (2 of 3 books 2011)
Book #4 Dr. Marvin’s 2001 – July 2003 plus Winona (3 of 3 books 2011)
Book #5 September 2006 – August 2007 (1 of 4 books 2012) YEAR 3
Book #6 September 2007 – August 2008 (2 of 4 books 2012)
Book #7 September 2008 – August 2009 (3 of 4 books 2012)
Book #8 Dr. Woollcott’s 7 years (4 of 4 books 2012)
Book #9 September 2009 – August 2010 (1 of 4 books 2013) YEAR 4
Book #10 September 2010 – August 2011(2 of 4 books 2013)
Book #11 September 2011 – August 2012 (3 of 4 books 2013)
Book #12 I Ching – 18 thousand questions asked in 1987 (4 of 4 books 2013)
Book #13 September 2012 – August 2013 (1 of 2 books 2014) YEAR 5
Book #14 September 2013 – August 2014 (2 of 2 books 2014)
$9.99 – Electronic
$28.57 – Soft cover
$35.72 – Hard cover
$11.99 – Electronic (2014 cost)
$125 – Electronic 2014 – for all 14 books set ($8.92 per book)
$375 – Soft Cover 2014 – for all 14 books set ($26.79 per book)
$450 – Hard Cover 2014 – for all 14 books set ($32.14 per book)
I take great solace in the part that 10 books have been written and just need to be edited. The eleventh book has been started and over the next four years the remaining books will come. I’m very confident in my ability to write regularly. I don’t know how it’s going to be after people start reading. I don’t know which will be harder on us – the people we know or the people we don’t yet know, nothing to do, but wait.
Today’s horoscope says …
“You may feel as though the most important people in your life don’t really get how hard you’ve worked to achieve a certain special moment. Something you’ve wanted and worked for over a very long time has come to fruition, or is in the process of doing so. Yet those closest to you may not fully realize just how big a moment this is in your life. You’ve been much, much closer to this dream, and you probably have a much broader understanding of just how complicated it is. Give your loved ones the benefit of the doubt. As things start to unfold, they’ll begin to “get it.”
Ok, then we’ll go with that, now onto the next question.
4. How many books will be ordered or at what stage will we start being able to order. Carolyn says we can get the price fixed after the second proof is complete. That’s pretty close to time they need to lock into something. We could just say that the price is going to be about $10 for the electronic copy, about $29 for the soft copy and about $36 for the hard copy. Then the question would be … where then are we going to collect orders and solicit from. If we could just collect names now then we could make a list. Maybe after we get things locked down, we can send a note to everyone on our Facebook list. Just 20 names at a time though. I don’t know if that would be asking so much, but it might be worth it.
It’s the only way to cover the list systematically … that is about 16 mailings. It’s a bit to keep track of, but then we can have something on there about adding a note if you are interested in being contacted again when the next book comes out. I’m not sure if it is bad policy though to sell something on the personal part.
Maybe this is going to be a question for Maria. We’ll hold off on this one until we get a chance to chat. I do believe though that we will be ordering to the nearest 100 books and that we are going to need including something for shipping. Hmm, UPS says the post office can do it
Hmm, we’ve been doing a bit of wandering. I talked to Rich about it and he says that we can use his mailbox at UPS for a while. He says he will just have to add our name. That would make things very easy for him to help me with pick-ups. He says that the advantage of going UPS is that he can get his mail 24 hours a day. They lock the front door, but they give people a key for the front door. The big thing in sharing a box is that his little box which is like 6” x 6” is $20 a month and you have to pay a half year at a time. The nice part is that you put down an address. Rich says that he puts #174 down so it looks more like an apartment than a PO Box and that he uses his name, because if you have a business then you have to have FEIN #. That is susceptible to taxes. He says that he pays taxes under his social security number.
Ok, did a little checking around there. We are going to order some boxes and they have a box at PackagingPrice.com that is 9-5/8 x 6-5/8 & 1-1/4. It is a book fold box the 5/8’s and 1-1/4 difference in size is that it is scored for multiple depths. Two bundles of 50 will cost 44 cents per box and the 175 feet of the soft foam is 29 cents a book for the foam wrap plus about $30 for shipping comes to just over $102. The next part is that I can register in about 5 minutes for EIN #, but I will need $187 to do it. YEEKS! The break was that I called UPS office and the guy said that we could use the same box, but it will cost $20 for a set-up fee. He also said that if it said the name of our business that it would be ok. I don’t know if he assumes we have a Fein number yet, but we’ll have to wait on the second until we can do the cost. Maybe I could convince Rich of helping as this would be the first thing he did and it would go to his credit to start my business officially. We’ll have to see. I would like to start things off officially. Rich was like I wish you let me talk to him, I might get off from the cost. I guess he golf’s the UPS guy. Eh … better for me to have a business receipt.
I’m excited to register everything under Journey of Quite Frankly Ann. I love that name and it will hold out for the next rest of my life. I’ve loved it all these four years. It’s obviously a play on the Diary of Ann Frank, but I think it’s well suited for the business at hand. I like that it’s an ongoing journey or trip or passage including the thought of journaling which is more public than a diary, and I like that the frankly part of Ann is cutting down to the simplified version of Ann especially due to the multiplicity. I also like it because frank means being open, honest and truthful. That’s my take on it. I hope that’s what my writing is all about.
Hmm, I got an auto-message from Barack Obama. He says that I can vote today! That’s a thought! I think I’ll try. I went up front too to talk to sister. The movie I had gotten came in, but she’d already picked a movie, so we’ll keep my movie until the 2nd Friday of November, and then we’ll have a special showing of it where the group comes in a half an hour early. The trainers will love that! Feel good. Just Rich is going to see Netflix and jump out of his comfort zone. It was under $10 though and I did bring in my $50 cash this month. It’s got to be ok, right? The movie Sister has I LOVE … its Haley Mills, “The trouble with Angels.” I told her I would volunteer to see it, but she says that Holly and I will have to do the first aid. DRAT! I will borrow it for sure!
Ok, ok … which question did we leave off on? Did we answer #4? That was the question on ordering. I think we advanced that quite a bit. If I understand correctly Friesenpress will send me the books without a shipping cost. I don’t know where we are going to keep an extra 100 books. Hmm, more visualizing here … I think we can clear a couple shelves from the book case and then they will be easy to grab from there. It will probably have to be the soft cover we order because we won’t have enough money to get both. We do have 10 complimentary hard covers and 15 complimentary soft covers so that should help to start. We can then order more. We’ll have to figure out how to sign books too. All in its time let’s move on here … we can come back after we talk again to Friesenpress.
5. Hmm, this is the question on how long to wait. I think we’re going to need working between Rich and us as to getting mail to the post office. I would like to think by then we can set up an account at the bank just for the book selling. Maybe what we can do … is to deposit the money we were going to spend for Friesen and just put it in the account for a bit. So both November’s $500 and Decembers $700 will be deposited in the account as well as another $500 in January until we can collect the money from our taxes. We are looking for at least $700, but then we’ll put in the account anything else that’s extra from taxes as a first year business investment. We will have to be very specific about depositing checks to the account, and we should still be looking to see what kind of an Web presence we can build. Something with a PayPal or credit card function
Lordy and then there was web site development. Yeeks!
Please also see Ann's Web Page called "Multiple Work"
- About Us
- Ann's Insiders
- People in Ann's Life
- Ann's Book Introduction
- Ann's NEWS DID/MPD
- Ann's Social Network Page
- Ann's Mind Map
- Ann's Pinterest "Multiple Works"
- Ann's Learnist Page
- Ann's Scoop-it!
- Ann's Slideshow
- Ann's Regular Pictures
- Ann's Quilt Journal
- Ann's Funnies!
- Ann's Video's
- Ann's Private Years
- Original Blog
- Et Al's Blog
- AOL Bloggers - 1rst
- Multiple World Blog
- Sarah's Blog
- Ed/Psych Master Blog
- Quilted Moose Blog
- Gramma's Blog
- FlyLady Blog
- Quilting Blog
- Ann's Web - Coming Soon
Dissociative Identity Disorder Blog
Please see Ann's Blog Roll in right sidebar by scrolling down for links to other People (approximately 140 bloggers) like us who currently (within 1 year) write about their Dissociative Identity Disorder in open Blogs. For additional support for Multiplicity our Twitter account (@aynetal3) lists approximately 240 Multiples). Keep looking for support - it's OUT there!
Please go to Ann's NEWS DID/MPD Blog (directly under the Message Forum) for the NEW Mind Mapping segment - Work in progress