Attention :)

Please also see Ann's Web Page called Multiplework

Dissociative Identity Disorder Blog

Updated! Please see Ann's Blog Roll in right sidebar by scrolling down for links to other People (approximately 100 bloggers) like us who currently (within 1 year) write about their Dissociative Identity in open Blogs. For additional support for Multiplicity our email is and our Twitter account (@aynetal3), which lists approximately 300 Multiples. Keep looking for others - they are OUT there!

Monday, September 1, 2014

Dakota's first Weekend Part 3 and first week!

Sunday, August 31, 2014 @ 9:56 am

Good morning.  I’m not sure where I am leaving off from my last communication because we’re sharing our big computer.  Isa is listening to it, because we had it earlier before she woke up.  When she got up we were talking to Linda so couldn’t break off, but she caught me after Linda went – and then of course Hehehe we’d share the computer.  She likes listening to a British guy.

Right now something else is happening that’s a first – ALL THREE DOGS are curled up sleeping by my feet!  WooHOO!!!  Yup yup!  Lady and Max came by last night and did a sleep over.  Yes, of course Maury and the girls came too.  The unusual part is that the dogs have ALL stopped playing finally!  OMG is there a lot of activity between them whether they are inside or out.  I’m glad to see that Dakota can hold his own in this pack.  We already knew that Lady and Max could do it, but wow – Lady and Dakota can go at it too.  On the other hand it is Max and Lady that can do the new pull toy we got them where Dakota can’t.  At one time I did see him pick-it up and then drop it behind the recliners in the sitting room.  I think he wanted it out of the picture, because he sure didn’t want to play with it.  He does for sure know though how it’s played through watching the other two. 

So happy the dogs have a relax button!  They sure are happy together.  I think Max is like the older brother because when he growls, Dakota walks away respectfully.  The two younger dogs are definitely the more playful.  AND, nobody has got hurt yet, Yay!

It was such a nice day yesterday.  Toward the late morning, we went with Rich to Bass Pro, and then we went to the lake with him just to get his boat.  Hmm, I’d like to get some ice water, but don’t want to break the peace … better that I remain sitting down.  Anyway, Dakota and I went in … we went up and down a couple of aisles, but Rich seemed to appreciate most that we stayed in one place he could find us near the waterfall.  After a while we thought, he we’re not learning anything – though it was good to have people passing us.  SOOO we took Dakota for a walk over the small walking bridge directly next to the two story waterfall.  AND, he did it!  Good dog.  He did need a little reassurance, but that was to be expected, it was REALLY loud!

Whoops HAD to get something to drink.  Dakota down, now the other two?  Max is checking out Dakota’s water … its ok boy.  Lady likes to call the water dishes hers though and just pushed Max out so she could get a drink and then she spills the water on the floor with her paws.  Good now Lady is down and now YAY Max is down too!  Trifecta!

Anyway, Dakota did really good yesterday.  I took in the walker and he stayed close without being overly curious.  After we picked-up Rich’s boat and we took him for a little walk.  He doesn’t seem to “go” with the vest on – maybe because he’s on duty, so we took it off at the lake.  He’s such a good dog in so many ways.  He also likes the car rides, though he’s still trying to decide where to sit/lay in the car.  For a while yesterday in Rich’s SUV he laid down lengthwise next to my walker and looked out at people traveling in back of us.  The windows are tinted, so people might not have seen him, but he was getting a real good look, AND Rich put down the side windows a little bit on the slower roads so he could get in his sniffs.  Such a good life of sniffs he’s going to have!

After we got back, I was a little tired so went immediately to the couch thinking Dakota had gone at the lake.  As I lay down, he continued to play so after about 10-15 minutes we got up and said, “You HAVE to go outside!”  So we took him, and then within about a minute, he went and did a poo.  Duh!  We’re going to have to learn better the cues around here.  I’d still like him to go to the back door and whine, but I don’t know how to teach him that and it’s confusing in that if Rich is out on the boat or garage, he will go to the back and whine at that too. 

We’re looking around at our place looking from one corner inward and seeing some of it looks a bit lived in.  We cleaned up our kitchen and the other rooms are ok – with cushions out of place though on the big couch, but we have some towels on the floor from Lady kicking out water.  If there is too much she will do it, but then they get thirsty again … I guess it’s just something we have to keep up with.  On the other hand, there’s the cat!  She seems to be doing ok too.  She’s using her litter box in the bedroom and has been pulling out her fur.  She did last season too.  I think she thinks it’s pretty crazy to have all these dogs here, but that’s just one opinion.  I’m really proud of Dakota for being able to keep up with Maury’s dogs.  He really knows how to play good with other dogs!  They are each about the same height, but Maury’s dogs are a lot heavier.  Max is 6 years, Lady is going to be 3 years and Dakota is just 15 months - Lots of experience in this pack. 

Whoops thought all were laying down, but Lady found Dakota’s treat stash in the bar area … she’s the only one not lying down.  Ahh There she goes! Rich had gone through here from his shower, to putting on shoes and socks, and to going out to work on his boat.  We’re doing pretty well with the dogs not insisting they go out.  I fed them in two shifts with Max and Lady going first, and then we fed Dakota who was waiting in his crate.  When Dakota ate I put the other two in the sunroom, and then Lady came-in and helped Dakota finish up.  Hehehe I THINK he got a good dose.  I’m not going to take him for his full walk today because they’ve been playing so gosh darn hard.  I want him to conserve his energy for his “Pack Family.”  It’s almost like these guys have been together for their entire life.  I think Dakota showed a little bit of ownership over me when he was sitting on my lap last night, but we can pet 2-3 dogs at a time without him being concerned.  All three seem to really know the house. 

The girls and us watched a couple shows last night, well maybe one and a LITTLE of the other.  Maury brought them from Red Box, but the second wasn’t suitable.  At that point Ame went into the bedroom to do her thing – WITH phone and Isa and us watched a couple of shows from Disney.  Did I say the part yet where she felt bad about Dakota being in a crate?  She decided to sugar coat that experience with her laying down in protest next to him.  She fell asleep just moments before she had to go to bed at 11 pm.  I’m really sure that Dakota appreciated her company.  Both the girls seem to like Dakota, but together with the two others, they are a little wild.  Next time they are up, I will go back and untangle the dog cords and make sure everyone gets time to be out.  Max is the only one who hasn’t deposited a “load.”  Yup yup, got to watch out for that sort of thing; he might have to go on a walk with Ame, but as to the urine – we were really glad that all three dogs were using the back yard appropriately. 

Dakota is kind of funny … twice now he decided to sleep on my feet – MAYBE a little territorial!  I’m pretty sure he knows we’re his.  These dogs seem to come with other humans!

We don’t have too much planned today.  I saw Ame had brought her sewing stuff AND Isa brought some books, so I have talked to her about after lunch sitting down to read for a bit, or reading to me.  I could go either way.  Just want to support reading.  Rich has a really BIG roast in and potatoes and carrots … Hehehe Isa is really giggling … Maury is supposed to be back between 2-4 pm and dinner will be about 4 pm, so that they can finish and get home at a decent time.  I understand that no one has homework, but I’m thinking there’s not Anything?  Eh, not my business … just got to ask.  I figure that if they are doing their showers here, they at least have time with Dad Sunday night where they can get that done.  Just want a priority on it.

The air is really making the house comfortable … It seems that we have had a lot of muggy weather, and today it’s been misty out.  Maybe if Rich tries hard enough he can pretend he’s on the water. 

I think I really need to now finish up the stuff with Dakota’s first week.  I so much want to talk to Katherine and I’m afraid she might not understand why we’re not calling yet.  Just want to get things down on paper before we forget everything.  I should have put the other writing online so I could see where we were without interrupting Isa.  Maybe if I just think a bit.  I know I’d talked about the restaurants – well at least up to the part where that “kind of annoying” person kept talking to us because of the dog intro.  I had been the first to turn away, and then Katherine was able to end the conversation.  We had very good dinners – I had a Burrito Grande and then afterward we thought we were ordering our favorite dessert, but apparently we’d ordered something else so we had that instead.  It was something doughy with honey and chocolate and the honey was really good with it.  We definitely brought home leftovers. 

Maybe we did something about the break from Saturday to Sunday, not sure right now, but in case we did, we’ll try to be brief.  Hmm, thinking now we’re pretty sure we talked about Dakota at the beach, because we are remembering that we were loading a picture or two to yesterday’s post and it was about the beach.  Maybe a summary there – Just a damn good time!

Afterward, we drove over to Dr. Marvin’s area.  The three of us, Rich, Katherine and Us sat in the SUV and talked strategy.  I think the biggest thing was that Katherine was stating that were didn’t have to take Dakota to the washroom as much as we thought we had.  I was thinking after the drive (1 hour 20 min), after Dr. Marvin’s session, and then again when we got home.  She thought just once before we left home and after we got back even though there was 4-5 hours would be fine.  We did concede and go with her plan as it turned out.
Hmm, back again … we just had another round … two of them seemed to want and go out, so we brought everyone out, and then they all played again and got petted, and now we’re trying to get the three of them to lay down again.  They are circling me.  Hmm, had to give them all water again; which is going to lead to everyone needing to pee again.  This is how it goes, hmm
One dog down … two … shoot two dogs playing again!  Lady is trying to teach Dakota to play with the tug aware toy.  Dakota is trying.  He’s not doing tug o war yet, but he’s playing a good job of keep away.  At least he’s hold the thick cord in his mouth.  But now Max is up again … I don’t think they’ll ever settled down … they’re in the sitting room.  Hmm, more playing and now there is two down and one checking the kitchen – more water spilled on the ground – that of course was lady.  YAYYYY!!!  Finally, all THREE down!  That’ was a LOT of activity.  If they are playing, how come it’s ME who gets so tired?!!
Maybe a nice break - where … oh, we went to Dr. Marvin’s and talked strategy and then Katherine and us got up to do the walk over in the window hall.  BUT, the doors leading from the elevator to the glass passageway were locked, so we couldn’t do much about it.  We came back downstairs and talked to Rich and at LEAST we knew the gist of how it goes and that gave us the confidence we needed.  Since then we’ve been to Dr. Marvin’s TWICE for visits, but we’ll talk about that part in a bit.  I know LONG story!
There’s this part in here somewhere that Katherine and Rich had been talking about pork roast, sauerkraut and dumplings, so it was decided that we’d go that route instead – Maybe we mentioned before that Rich had prepared it before we left.  The house smelled sooo good after we’d gotten back.  I’m pretty sure we had dinner right away.  It was very good. 
AME IS UP!  It’s noon now.  She was up until 3 am talking to one of her girlfriends.  *sigh* I am pretty sure Maury said she could decide when to sleep.  All three dogs are finally down again.  Hmm, Ame moved the tug a war toy and Dakota checked that out, but otherwise they are down again.  Had to encourage showers over the next four hours and I asked if they didn’t make me the bad guy.  I HOPE NOT!  We’ll see *sigh*
Ok … we’re at the part after the pork roast … all I remember here and it blurs into the other nights, but sooner than later, I knew I was going to get a Katherine hug if I could be persuaded to let her go to bed.  Kota we would work with on schedules more after Katherine had gone, but I think that night we’d kenneled him while eating because he was too flaky.  Poor kid!  Playing at the Chicago Beach was something to remember!  But, I’d like to think we’re tiring out our puppy!
The last morning was the hardest because we knew that Katherine was leaving.  We took one more picture with her, but I looked terribly fat in the picture.  I know, I know, I AM terribly fat, but no one really wants to see it.  I’ve cut down the picture with just Katherine and Dakota so I have at least a good shot of them together.  I also got a darker shot with Katherine in the car, but there really wasn’t many pictures taken I’m sad to say. 

The routines the last day were similar in that there was people getting up, coffee, taking care of the dog, and then eventually after as much talk as we could squeak in.
Wow!  Good Gramma stuff.  I think Ame is in the shower AND Isa is reading a book on wolves.  YAYYY!!!  OH, and all three dogs are lying down AND we get to be writing too!
Back to the part of Katherine and us getting our hugs and talking.  First, I just want to say that Katherine is about as gifted as it comes in presenting interesting things to learn about.  I think she has a wild crazy cool life and especially because it ends up with her being a dog whisperer.  That was the very best stories to hear about – like how they go through a typical day and what typical isn’t when you’ve got so many furry friends to take care of and train.  I LOVE her husband, because he’s so in love with Katherine AND the dogs.  I think this kind of lifestyle shows a lot of patience AND love.  Now that we have the three dogs overnight, we can’t believe how tired we get with all the animal activity.  It seems that they have to be monitored a lot.  Hmm, also like when Isa is reading her book.  She’s easily distracted, but of course we have these dogs.  Isa stops to show pictures which is fun for us, but then she’s not reading.  That’s not so good. 
I just got done taking out the dogs and they are ALL accomplished and now all THREE of them have had their first of the day poop.  This pooping business is some serious stuff!  Holy Schmolly!  Rich is in eating a late lunch, we took our medicine and now Isa has disappeared. I don’t see the book, so maybe she’s reading somewhere else, OR the second GD is in the shower!  Wouldn’t that be the story!
I’m thinking that my everyday stuff in and out is taking over my ability to focus on the previous week.  It’s already Sunday so like Dakota has been her for ten days.  Maybe I have to jump ahead – did we get to the sad part about Katherine being at the airport?  A lot of the driving time was Rich and Katherine talking so I could spend my focus on Dakota, but the trip to the airport, I think it was us whining.  The only thing I really remember beside holding/hugging Katherine was the thought that I might never see her again and that made me feel really unbelievably sad.  She says that we can maybe get together for a fishing trip with the guys.  I don’t know if that would ever be possible with all her responsibilities, but that’s what we’re going to hope for. 
I guess it’s been a long time before we could get ourselves while writing to that point …the point where we had to say goodbye to Katherine.  Maybe now that I’ve done it on paper, I will be able to open that door again.  It seemed to be a system rule that until we finished the weekend, we couldn’t call or talk to her.  It’s over now?  I’m not going to want to bother her on a weekend, but think that maybe tomorrow we could call?  Maybe we could do it after the girls and all leave tonight, but I’m not sure.  We’ll have to see how it works out with the system.  I’m thinking now we’re going to have to post too which means that we close out the week.
Maybe we’ll get to that right now.   I saw a stuffed animal on Ame’s bed, so I’m thinking she’s been sewing, and Isa had taken a washroom break, so we said – SHOWER!  She wanted to take in the Kindle for music, but much too much water in a small bathroom for that.  We helped her adjust the temp, and she’s fine of course with the rest.  Rich is done eating and is watching TV fishy.  He said something about a half hour, so we’re thinking he’s going to take a nap.  He’s been out with the boat and from what we hear she is ALL shiny!  I know I’m going to have to give it my okie dokie, because he worked real hard on it!...  I went out the second time with Max – the first time I took just him and he urinated, but then he whined at the door again, so I took all three out.  AND he did his masterpiece!  YAY PLUS, the other dogs wet their piece of real estate too.  I guess it’s a big deal that they go on top of each other’s stuff - Will have to ask Katherine about that.  Maybe just to produce a new PACK smell!??  Could be?!
NOW EVERYONE is relaxing and I’m doing well because I’m back at Rich’s computer.  I think I’m going to suggest that Isa finish her book when she gets out and before she’s back to the computer – BY suggesting she sit in one of the recliners.  It’s a real comfortable place to read and it should be just outside the regular distractions.  It’s only about 12-15 feet away, so not REAL far, but should give her some peace.  I am wondering when the last time she had an eye exam.  Her eyes look tired when reading.  And, she’s much closer than the traditional space from me sitting up and reading the computer screen – especially since we’re at 90% screen.  I’ll talk to Maury.
Hehehe THREE REALLY tired dogs – one on each side of me and the table.  They are soooo gosh darn cool.  As tiring as the dogs are, they are like heaven to be around.  I think their world is so interesting that we’re just amazed by it.  I like to think we’re learning how to be a good pack leader.  I don’t know how to slow them down on the playing other than to separate them for a bit.  I know Maury suggested he could leave them at home, but then neither they NOR Dakota would get the benefit from having a bigger pack.  Nothing anyone said could convince me they haven’t been having a good time.
AND!!!! You know what?  Through a lot of patience from Lady, she has taught Dakota how to be playing a good game of tug-o-war!!!!!  I’m soooo excited about that… Just seemed like a good dog thing.  He’s not very good at it yet, but Lady was very patient.  He got finally the part first of picking up the toy – heavy item, then he would run it in front of the other two dogs to get them to chase him.  He then got to a stage he laid down with it between his front legs, and then with a LOT of coaching from Lady she would hold it for him to grab with no challenge.  He wasn’t doing that, so she put it down on the ground to make it more alluring, and then then finally when he went to grab it, she grabbed her end.  For a while he kept letting it go, but through her very thorough training he finally held onto it while she held the other end.  Soon after she was walking him backward through the LR, dining area and sitting room.  He took a little longer to offer him resistance becausehe thought basically that she was walking him. 
We did have one little scrape.  I wasn’t thinking and I offered Lady a handful of the new dog food to see if she would like it, but Dakota got too close and Lady kind of snapped at her.  There was no connection, but it took Dakota a while to not have hurt feelings.  He did back away like he should have, but I know now that I won’t be feeding them close to one another.  I will always feed them separate with Maury’s two dogs, and then separately we’ll feed Dakota.  It seems to work better too to do Maury’s two dogs before we feed Dakota too because he’s more laid back about eating.
Now Isa is out and took Dakota with her to brush her hair.  I think she likes it that Kota comes to her most the time she asks for him.  He’s a really good dog and has been perfect at least with older kids like Isa and Ame.  Ahh Isa is now reading in the comfy chair.  She says usually if it’s too comfortable she falls asleep and I have no reason to disbelieve her, but there has to be a balance.  Dakota is still being a distraction for her, but we’ll stick with.  Hmm, she’s having much too good a time to open the book.  I guess we have to let some of it play out - hmm, the next thing?  Both Dakota and Max need to be petted … Now Max is whining at the door better check that out?
Oh Lordy … had to do the outside stuff AGAIN!  This is turning into a full time occupation!  BUT, every time I let them out they seem to actually use the facility!  Lady did her good doggy this time so it will be Dakota’s turn next.  Now Rich is getting up and the dogs are getting good pets from him.  Lady is settled down and it’s time the other two settle down, but with Rich up they might wait until he settles.  I think he has to go to the store to get some black lining to hold down the weeds on the side of the house before he puts down Mulch.  I’m so excited he’s doing this stuff because our house really could be improved with fewer weeds.  We get fewer flowers too, but think it’s more important to be without weeds, no matter how we do it. 
Hmm, it’s just about 2 pm now.  Maury took our car with him so as normal looking forward to it coming back.  I THINK I took out the garbage from it.  It would be embarrassing if I had not.  Mostly it’s garbage food stuff from on the way back from Dr. Marvin’s, but usually when we bring garbage out or pass by it waiting to get into Rich’s car, we will check it.  It still needs to be vacuumed though.  With Maury’s broken hand, it is not a good time to ask him for help.  He’s really encumbered by the cast … I don’t know how he’s doing the dogs, but feel empathy for him AND my sister.  I don’t know if we said it, but while she was healing from getting her shoulder surgery done, she tore the meniscus in her knee and she broke her opposite arm by the shoulder.  What are people doing wrong?  We don’t seem to get hurt often so don’t understand much when it happens.  Hope this trend is about over.
Isa is back playing a “Sim” game that took a LONG time to download.  She’s talking out loud to herself, but we’ve really not been paying attention to what she’s saying.  She’s focused on something.  She said she had gotten to page 17 out of 31 and didn’t really want to finish the book.  She said maybe on the car ride home.  I don’t think you should be FORCED to read, it should be motivated out of enjoyment, so we let it go.  I think Maury is expected at any time – at least he said he’d be back between 2-4 pm.  My guess is that he’s coming back later.  I’d seen him on FB, but he only put some pictures in there of working at the food place again.  I don’t know all of who he went with, but I saw Ame was there and she seemed to have a good time. 
Rich just went out – I guess the black stuff is for later, he’s going to go address his rods and reels.  He’s getting everything ready for a trip with Bob and Doug on Monday – I guess its Labor Day.  It will be pretty quiet here tomorrow with just Dakota and us.  Maybe we’ll both need to be taking some naps. 
Hmm, wanted to get to the part where we said something about Dr. Marvin … first though, we did want to say that we’ve been doing pretty well at keeping our place neat and clean.  I’m really happy about that … with people around more – like the grandchildren and now with Dakota, it seems we’re doing better at getting up and making sure things stay clean.  *gulp* BUT now just saying that I realize that we forgot to make our bed this morning.  Shoot!  Look around and EVERYONE is relaxed including Rich, Kids AND DOGS … nope nope we’re not going anywhere!  We did figure that when we’re up and before everyone settles again, we need to keep our glass ready with something to drink.  THAT is just not worth unsettling everyone!  Again, the dogs are hovering in my area, but to be fair we are in front of the fan/air, AND in front of the sliding glass doors.  That ALWAYS seems to be a hub with multiple dogs, and least we’re just making that up today 
As to Dr. Marvin, Dakota has had two real good trips to his office.  We’re trying to preface them by saying, “Are we going to Dr. Marvin’s???!!!”  And, then repeat liberally on our way in and just before we see him.  Dr. Marvin has done real well with him and it seemed we were able to get off the dog for moments of time this last time.  I think we already wrote about Tuesday when we wrote on Wednesday – Maybe? Maybe not?  One of the funny things is that Dakota seems to know that he’s going to be on a leash, but after his first time of seeing Dr. Marvin and getting petted, he’s got a sneaky thing where he’s laying on the floor, and then he crawls on his elbows under the coffee table to get some more free petting by Dr. Marvin.
This time we worked eventually to be more assertive in telling Dakota – no more pets and that he had to settle lay down.  We did give him a couple drinks of water, and we gave him one of his small bones to settle down.  I want to build things like that as routines so he knows what to expect.  SOOO, like Katherine AND Dr. Marvin said we have to work on being more assertive.  We have done better at getting him to sit and be “down” (lying down) and we’re getting better at saying, “Go on…” and expecting him to walk off leave us alone.  He can’t be taking all of our attention. 
The other thing that came up at Dr. Marvin’s was that Rich said to tell Dr. Marvin, we have to work on our weight again.  I guess since about the time the girls were over a couple weeks ago and Austin was over, we stopped taking charge of what we were eating and recording it on our MFP site.  That reminds me we should be doing it now too.  We’ve only had mini-wheat and a bowl of vegetable salad so far  hmm, about 2:30 pm.  I think it’s time to have some popcorn! 
Hmm, there sure are a lot of transitions.  The dogs are all up and need to lie back down.  Isa has switched over to the computer, Rich came through looking for tea, Ame came out for bread and chips.  We told her we have more or better, but it seemed fine AND we have popcorn, a couple or tortillas *sigh*AND some ice for ice water.  The dogs are thinking they want to go out with Rich because they can see him from the door.  Good two are laying down … YAY there goes the third.  Remember to tell Dr. Marvin that we spent a good bit of weekend time hoping that everyone settles down – especially the three dogs!
Hmm, another break –we decided that we should make some cookies for dessert – so we did that AND Maury called to say he’d be about 45 minutes late.  That was almost to be expected.  I’m going to guess he was having a good time – said something about the best breakfast place ever.  *sigh*
SOOO to Dr. Marvin’s - I think I told you about the part where he petted the dogs a couple of times and there were – between the two dates that sneaky stuff under the table?  Hmm, seems we may have been here before.  Well, are we almost through then?  We could say something about how spectacular that Dakota has been doing.  During the latter part of the week he even took me out to do the walk with the walker. 
Hmm, that’s interesting … it’s about walker time right now.  I wonder if we should take our walk.  Rich has been able to do the weather, not sure if I could do it too?  Just had to go into the bedroom to cool ourselves down - I’m thinking in reality that I’ve been up and down enough so I don’t have to walk and for that matter Dakota has been having a busy day too with so many people to keep together.  Maybe we’ll pass on that and just focus on the next thing as being cleaning off the table.  Hmm, how bad is it?  Not too bad, just a couple of minutes.  The hardest part will be turning off the computer.  AND, we’re not ready to do that yet.
I didn’t turn out hungry enough to eat the popcorn.  We’ll just throw that.  Wall-to-wall dogs.  They are so pretty together and Isa caught the similarities of colors in that they all match.  It’s been a nice weekend though we look forward to putting our feet up too!  Oh and we started the dishwasher one more time because we thought we would have too much a problem after adding dinner dishes.  Mostly it was just morning, lunch and cookie dishes, but I figured it wouldn’t fit the roast pan unless we did some now.  Dinner wouldn’t be until another 1 ½ hours so shouldn’t be a time crunch.  We did have some conversation and cookie testing between me and the two Granddaughters.  We decided the cookies weren’t just right … needed more sugar or flavoring.  *sigh* So many cookie batches yet to try.  Its ok, they are “good enough” for dessert.  PLUS, the three of us can now wait the extra time for Maury to get here.  Not worrying about Rich he had a late lunch.
I don’t know if he finished the weeding project on the side, or if he was waiting before he got the covering.  He’s been outdoors long enough, but I knew it took a long time to do the boat AND I think he went from that to fishing poles.  I think these are good days for him, though I’m disappointed about the yard not improving or the recumbent bike not getting put together.  The fishing stuff is on a deadline with him going out tomorrow.  You heard the part about getting our treadmill on Friday?  That’s really good news J
Hmm, that’s interesting.  Rich just readjusted everyone when he came in asking me to make tea.  That wasn’t a problem, but dogs all get up, BUT by the time we sat down again after making the tea the dogs were already lying down!  What good dogs they are.  I think between the activity and the heat, they are really tired out.  We just filled their water dishes one more time.  Lady has emptied them out a couple times so we’re not really filling them up too high. 
Running out of steam myself, but know this is the build-up time to put things in order before the business of dinner takes over.  It’s 3:50 pm now and we just gave Isa a note to take a break soon to help me with the table.  More my stuff than hers, but her help will help, especially in stepping over the dogs!  Just remembered how much we love them, BUT it does take a little time, balance and coordination to make sure everything is in order.  I think we’re going to take a break for the night ourselves. 
Anything left of the day?  Not really.  I expect Maury here in about 45 min.  Before that Rich will come in and do the leftover things for dinner and he’ll be so happy if we get to the table first!  After that we will have dinner, dessert, a little talk, and then Maury and his will have to go – thinking about 6:30-7 pm.  Then Rich and I will get comfortable, I’ll clean up the mess before dessert.  Hmm, we’re going to have to take out the dogs one more time to get them to settle before dinner and they are going to have to be fed.  Think we’re going to talk about a staging area for Ame and Isa’s stuff too so it’s easier for them to get up and leave.  Just don’t want to push them any earlier than we have to.  I’ll probably have on PJs before they hit the end of the driveway Hehehe – yup like that.  Think Rich and we will watch a show, and then we’ll get the animals ready for bed – make sure we take our medicine, and then we’ll head for bed for the coolness AND to massage Rich.  Hmm, thinking too – I could take a shower.  Maybe by then Rich will need one too.
Hehehe – he came in all sweaty saying he has to hydrate.  I asked him if he was going to take a shower tonight because he was dripping wet.  He smiled coyly and said he had taken one in the morning!  BLAH!  We can read each other by now! EVERY one is taking a shower! It’s been a good weekend the girls being here help both of us to keep busy and get things done.  For me it’s been the blog entry.  I think next we’ll email it to ourselves so we get it back to our computer, though don’t know until later if we’ll post the entries tonight or tomorrow morning.  It makes me feel good that we put in good time watching and taking care of everyone.  I probably seem the least important around here, but like to think in the middle we’re what keep things running along - right?!
Kota was just a gosh darn good host for the pack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment