Attention :)

Please also see Ann's Web Page called Multiplework

Dissociative Identity Disorder Blog

Updated! Please see Ann's Blog Roll in right sidebar by scrolling down for links to other People (approximately 100 bloggers) like us who currently (within 1 year) write about their Dissociative Identity in open Blogs. For additional support for Multiplicity our email is and our Twitter account (@aynetal3), which lists approximately 300 Multiples. Keep looking for others - they are OUT there!

Friday, May 15, 2015

Hmm, I think this one took about a week to get out *sigh*

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 @ 1:56 PM

Good afternoon – this is us and we just got writing to Dr. Marvin so we figured we’d cheat a little and use that email here.  This explains how things went with the new Dr. Dorman.

Hi Dr. Marvin,

This is us.  We are outside now with the dogs off the front patio.  We'll have to untangle them in a little, but they are getting drowsier with the sun.  They seem to appreciate the shade as much as the next guy.  I just got two of them unstuck and Max grabbed the tug of war toy to bury it in the leaves.  I don't like when they chew on the grass, but it’s hard to keep them away from it ... is this just a dog thing.  It takes forever that they all lay down at the same time.  Max laid down in the sun so don't think that is going to last long.  Dakota and Lady are on the cement with me in the shade good dogs.

Well, as far as Dr. Dorman, it was a good appointment.  I did misunderstand the time in that it was supposed to be at 2:15 instead of 3:15 pm, but he still saw me and spent time getting to know us.  I had a couple of sheets with me from Dr. Albright from this last visit and from the visit one year ago.  He looked them over and it appeared that somehow my medicines were in his computer already - not sure how that happens.  He verified the medicines that each you and Dr. Albright have been in charge of.  He was a nice person - though you could tell he could be very stern when he wanted to be.  He definitely had his ideas and they weren't all in agreement with Dr. Albright.  

The most notable were that he didn't want to give injections as a first route.  He gave me a couple of exercises to do for my elbows.  He said they were actually a problem because of the overuse of my wrists.  So the exercises were in stretching them out.  He had all the professional names for things just we weren't picking them up.  We made sure and it looked like his practice to type out on a sheet going home with us the specific directions we needed.  We told him about the moderate impairment in our ability to recall.  He said that he gives the injections that the other doctor talked about, but he asked us if we wouldn't do some PT first and then we would see - his logic was to address the problem directly.  We told him we had a very hard time leaving the house with the exception to your appointments, and that sometimes that was hard too.  He dropped it for a moment, but then came back and said that because we were homebound for the most part, he could have therapy come to the house.  We figured that was an acceptable decision although we'd have to work then on the getting showered and dressed part every day.  

A few moments the first person called from that service.  She said that he'd ordered PT and OT.  That was a surprise to us.  She said that the PT would be for the core exercises and that the OT would be for helping us do things that were difficult and for upper body - so we told her about the problem with our wrists and elbow and she said yes the OT would cover that but they would come in with a full evaluation.  He also wanted to see me cut down on about 20% of our computer and quilting work.  I had no response to that, except to think not likely.  How are you going to judge that kind of thing anyway?  This lady on the phone said someone - maybe two people would contact us before the end of the day to set up appointments.  I told them they couldn't be on Tuesdays and Thursdays, because those were the days we were seeing you.  Our head is already in a jumble over it ... thinking we have to worry about having clothes and being able to clean up.  Maybe that's something the OT person could help with though is getting us in better ability to do things here.  I don't know.  She asked if we could take showers or baths and I said yes, though we needed a new chair, and she said that was something they could most likely help us with ... didn't see that one coming.  Our legs on the chair have been folding in for quite a bit.  Just figured that wasn't going to go over with a therapist.  

Kind of scared with what they are going to say or do.  We talked to Rich about it a little, but didn't know it would involve OT too.  I’m sure he'd be happy to know that in all reality.  Just not sure if we're already in over our head.

I had a hearing problem yesterday because of having cleaned my ears probably incorrectly so he gave me something to soften that.  And, I don't know if you knew, but I had a dentist like problem on Monday and had to make an appointment for 9 am on Friday. The space where we lost the tooth a month or two ago started hurting as did the space above it - and all of a sudden we were having trouble with icy water or pop.  This week has been scarier than hell.  I called into the dental insurance place.  I don't think they cover much, but they are located in Aurora ...Rich took me to the doctor yesterday a couple towns away in Yorkville because we were falling apart and the dogs did ok with us out about 2 1/2-3 hours, so we're going to have to trust it for the dentist too, because Rich goes fishing Friday morning through Sunday evening.  Maury and the girls are supposed to be here Friday night and leave after dinner on Saturday.  Just way too much going on for me.  

Dr. Dorman set the structure of the appointment and he seemed to do good listening things.  I did ask him if he was on the side of believing or not believing in Multiplicity.  He said he really only knew about it from TV and he thought that probably wasn't very factual.  We appreciated his candor.  We just said that we had 19 parts, it was diagnosed in 1990 and that we've been working with you for 16 years.  He seemed fairly settled with that and that you would deal with those kinds of problems.  We did sign something to get the last lab reports and MRI results from UIC. 

I was glad for the result in having seen him.  By chance too ... yesterday the UIC pain clinic called after 3 weeks to schedule me - they said I'd be seeing someone the 15th of June ... they didn't ask me or say how are you or anything just told me when I’d be coming in and it was over a month away.  I will cancel that appointment.  I will probably be seeing Dr. Dorman again about the 15th - 6 weeks.  He like Dr. Albright would have - my new Synthroid level has to be checked.  Otherwise nothing much interesting he asked family health questions and checked operations.  We didn't talk about the diabetes much - he did when we said something confirm everything would be better with less weight ... No surprise there.  We'll have to see what happens next.  We were down from the 309 we'd gotten up to - to being 303.  Not much, but a nice surprise.  I think we lost some during the flu.  

We'll talk to you tomorrow when you call at 11 am, but pretty much thinking this is it.

Ok, we’re back – the above part went to Dr. Marvin, but we don’t really expect a note back.  There was nothing he had to comment on it was just a report. 

All three dogs are doing well – seems that Max prefers sitting in the warm sun – maybe it has to do with arthritic legs or something.  Not sure … Oh spoke too soon and now Lady is at the door as if she wants to go in. We didn’t see Rich go past – not sure where that is coming from.  Ahh that’s been confirmed … Rich just called and he’s leaving from Crete – it’s where his main job is at.  He still has to stop by the bank, the fishy store, Walmart and his mothers.  He said he’ll be home just in time to make dinner.  Yah that’s a sure bet – probably later than 5 pm.  It’s only about 2:15 pm now … We’ve got a good stint ahead of us.

As to anything more being said on medical, I think we covered it pretty good with Dr. M.  We are worrying about a few things not mentioned like how are we going to do clothes and if she’s going to make us do meals and stuff.  What about the regular stuff we’ve been having so much problems doing.  We’re thinking that when we make ourselves do it then it is something we’ll do good enough, so probably won’t need their assistance.  It’s just that if we tell them we need some help with something then they are going to make us do it, and then it will be like they do it with us once and then that is all.  Not anything that might be real helpful. 

It seems like the biggest walls we’ve worked on already especially with Dr. Marvin.  Like now we can be outside.  It’s like 3-4 times where we’ve come out.  Of course we’ve got the dogs – that’s been the biggest incentive so far.  They are doing pretty good in consideration of Don across the street putting something on his lawn.  And, they did well with the guy from the management company spraying around stuff with the front of the park lawn.  Lady barked a few moments.  We turned on Adele and we’re watching a particular robin – that’s all good stuff, right?

Ok, definitely avoiding the chat on having people come out to the house to do therapy.  One thing for physical therapy, but Dorman was tricky and threw in the OT too.  Just didn’t see that coming.  On the one hand, it would be nice if someone could help me do stuff like shopping for clothes.  BUT, we have been able to do this … Just that it’s hard.  Maybe it’s just a matter of getting the right parts out.  Who does our shopping anyway?  Hmm, looks like Lady wants to play…  Two of them walked over the fence and Dakota grabbed the other end of Lady’s rope, but they’re getting even more mixed up as to chains … guess we play it out until they HAVE to be untangled

Ahh, it’s about 8+ minutes after and all three dogs are down again.  It was pretty much tug of war between Dakota and Lady, but then Max got in there and it turned into more of a physical battle, but they must have decided they were too tired, because they didn’t rough house very long.  Whoops, Max sees something he wants – probably Don’s dogs …. Hoping he lays down.  He wants to go inside.  Let’s see if he gives that up in a few moments or if they are all going in that direction.  There, he just laid down on the top of the steps … that works for us.  Not sure, but thinking we’ve only been here for about 45 minutes.  It seems a lot longer, but I think I caught the start time about right.  I’d like to carry it to at least the 3 pm time.  Usually Max is the first one that wants to go outside, but he and Dakota just had a umm pee-off … I’m pretty sure he’s good.  Today is warmer, but there is a nice breeze.  Wow!  Just checked out the weather.  It’s 80 degrees, 50% humidity, 0 precipitation and about 8 miles wind coming at us today from the SE.  That’s nice since we’re on the SE corner of the house.  Direct hit! 

I am going to run out of water soon.  Might have to do something there, and we’re kinda hungry.  Hmm, now there is a LOT more to consider.  If I ate something.  What would it be?  I had a sandwich for lunch.  Maybe a little soup OR vegetables?  I wonder if we have some of those. 

Maybe just 8-10 minutes – then we can at least say that we made it an hour.  That be good, right?  Oh shoot our first little bee.  He seemed to pass us up but he seemed a little bigger to us than we remembered.  Is it going to be another one of those summers where we don’t get to come out here because we’re terrified? Oh Lordy, we hope not.  We’re starting to collapse just huddled in shoulders face close to the keyboard and staring.  Hmm, lots of cars and SUVs coming in people are coming home to catch the school children I think.  They’ll be here in about 10 minutes.  I do want the dogs used to the kids coming in where they lay down and don’t be barking on them. 

Hmm, I’m going to have to get a grip on shaving legs this summer.  Just looking at how furry they look.  Maybe that’s something an OT person can help with?  Why can’t we figure it out ourselves?  Just have to get something to do it with right?  Can Rich pick something up?  Is there a kind of cream so it doesn’t hurt so much, cream and shave?  Why don’t I know these things?  I sure hope we have a nice person who maybe knows these things.  If someone else knew these things it be a good time for them to come out, you know?  Before we embarrass ourselves? 

Didn’t we have a plan to mark cars coming in and out?  Is it too late?  Maybe we should be trying this again.  Oh oh Dakota is up –AND I don’t think he saw Joe’s dog – maybe Don’s.  Chain caught again.  Good he’s lying down.  This table is going to be the death of me yet.  I just uncaught Dakota from the scroll at the bottom of the legs, and now Max got himself caught because he thought I might get out a spare pet or something.  Silly dogs.  It be nice to have a fenced yard, but we’re not the kind of park that allows them.  Garden fencing is one thing, but NO ONE of the 35 has a regular fence so we’re thinking it’s against the rules.

Hmm, I think the woman just said her name was Doda, but we’ll ask her to spell it tomorrow when she comes.  She’s the PT and she’ll be here somewhere between 12 and 3 pm.  I told her not regularly on Tuesdays or Thursdays, but tomorrow would be ok for the evaluation.  She said that she’d be in the area and she would call when she knows the time for certain.  Three hour blocks of time?  That’s going to be way too wide!  I can’t let people push me around … HMPF!  This is sounding scarier than I want to deal with. 

Moms arehere up front for the picking up of kids – ahh another one.  It’s 3:04 pm.  Must be the time.  Dogs leashes are caught-up enough so that they aren’t going to go out that far.  I don’t want to be the neighborhood threat because we have the three dogs.  It’s not like they are vicious.  Just hoping they keep their good manners and don’t bark at kids.  We really want them to be able to do that.  This is new where we are here at the same time as the kids.  Here comes the bus.  At least one of them.  I know they have at least two busses.  One on the outside and one that comes in – 3:08 pm and everyone is gone.  Dogs did great and the lady in front of the house said something nice about them being attentive.  Good boys and girl!

I am going to have to use the washroom in a few moments.  So, I should probably try wrapping things up.  We are going to need coming back to unravel the leashes.  But, maybe in a bit, right?

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 @ 4:27 pm

Hi hi it’s me again.  Were offline out here and I don’t want to go in to fix the problem, so we’re going to continue this blog entry.  At least it seems like it … when I get inside online, I will figure out if we’ve already pasted.  Should probably though skim the last 6 pages to see where we’re at AND hey by the way – did you know we have a robin’s nest over the light outside?  Kind funny – I heard about it, but we didn’t realize how big it was … and when we came out the mom flew off the nest … Hey, we were here first!

We’re back again.  We just finished reading the old entry, AND we went in to fix Rich’s PDF.  Good Ann.  Rich let Dakota in when I went in, but then he wanted to come outside with me again.  This time we brought a blanket – It’s really nice out here and the sun is out though we’re in the shade, but the temp says only 57.  That should feel colder, but especially not with a blanket.

We spent some time earlier talking to Rich before going out, and then he multi-tasked to finishing filling out his passport.  I think he want to go to Canada at the end of the month.  Some things he just can’t procrastinate on much longer.  Happy that he got it done and now he’s moving around in the kitchen – win/win for us! Dakota is laying down in front of the table and we’re here.  Before talking to Rich, we were at Dr. Marvin’s office.  Dakota and us drove in today.  HEY and we DID want to say that it looks like the people who own the park put up new signs for Chrissy Drive and Peggy Drive.  We’re on Chrissy.  Looks sharp – the other ones were soooo faded.

Anyway – not too much happened during the drive to Dr. Marvin’s or back. We did stop for gas, and we were right by MickyD’s so we stopped for one fish sandwich and fries – and it came with a small orange hi-c.  That was my favorite part of McDonald’s the orange drinks.  PLUS beside not being over too much on calories, the fish sandwich is small enough to eat when driving VERY important when you’re on a schedule.  Still can’t beat BK’s fries, but they got ate anyway.

We took Dakota for a break after we got in to use the tree, and that was fine.  He’s really good at urinating *big smile* give them credit where it counts!  We got there in time to read a couple articles in the doctor journals and then Dr. Marvin opened his door for us.  Yup we were there in plenty of time … Oh do have to say this one part – toward the last few moments we were still talking about not looking forward to anything, and then someone inside suggested a candy bar since we didn’t have any before the appointment.  We only had $1.25 which is what you need for a candy bar.  We looked over appreciatively and saw there was Milky Ways which we’ve been eating of late, but mistakenly pressed the buttons for the snickers bar which made me a little GROUCHIER.  But then, the corkscrew turney thing stopped before my candy bar came out – ok, lets say that it was a little bit of a freak-out if people can still say those kinds of things now days.  Being a volleyball player, the instinct then was to hit it with the right heal of our hand as if we were going to spike the ball.  Then the little whirly thing started again and kerplunck down came the snicker’s – no problem any candy bar is better than none, but then?  Whirrrrr, and KERPLUNCK TWO candy bars.  Ok, by this time we’re grabbing and stuffing them in Dakota’s bag and hustling out of the area not believing our sudden turn of good luck.  WooHOO!!!

So that was all the good stuff of the day – and they all had to do with eating.  Funny that! Dr. Marvin’s was no fun and yes somebody tells him that when we get all done and feel worse than when we started.  It was that kind of day.  Most of it seemed to be going through all the blechy things that happened since we’d seen him. We missed one of our Dr. Marvin appointments, had to go see the new doctor, and then we had two PT appointments we didn’t consider fun AND to throw in with that mess – there was a Dentist appointment, many more to come and we only talked to Dr. Marvin 15 minutes on the phone.  There was NOTHING promising there.  We did watch Maury’s dogs for the week – and on the good side there … Dakota really had a good time.  AND, we did see Maury and the two girls Saturday for an early dinner.  Maury washed a couple loads of clothes and then we thanked him for making us feel like a mother because we ended up folding his clothes.  He said no problem!  He did help us with the dog stuff outside, and he did bring in my sewing stuff – so there were a few plus’ there.

It was a busy week AND Rich was out of town for most of three days – hmm, at this point we could consider it pretty much a challenge and we actually did very good getting through things.  Sunday we set up the sewing machine, and then Monday we did a little sewing.  For one of the blanket backs, we sewed on two sides and the top which was two pieces.  Linda agreed we got extra credit for cutting too!  Just have to put on the bottom and make sure things fit between top and bottom and we’re all set with one.  The tops are done for both quilts, so we can finally finish them up and bring them to Linda on our next trip June 7th’ to WI.   I hear that Rich is already got a fishing date for then.  So that’s a pretty good deal. 

You heard most of Dr. Marvin stuff it was really complainy and he said it was really good that we were able to let go of it all here – meaning his office.  We didn’t good about that at all and we were frustrated we were still feeling bad.  There was one funny story.  Yesterday was the first time doing the exercises for PT.  We had a problem settling down Dakota – because he thought there was a new friend to great AT his house!  Needless to say the imp followed us into the guest bedroom.  I laid down on the bed, and then my big floppy dog jumped up on the bed between me and the PT person.  It was like OHNO you can’t be here, so we got off to the side of the bed and tried to pull him off, but he wasn’t budging.  So we got up and said sorry to him because we were going to have to shut him out of the room.  So we got him on the other side and shut the door.  Then we laid down on the bed again.  Before I could rest my head on the pillow – FLUFFY FACE came charging in – and in two leaps was again laying on the bed again between me and the PT person.  OH LORDY dog – we’re not PLAYING HERE!  So unfortunately, we had to put him in the sunroom with the sliding door.  That made him look forlorn, but he needs to know some kind of manners!

So that was our funny story of the week.  He did have such a nice happy face when he jumped on the bed a second time – Just like Lassy coming through the window – SUPER DOG!!!  LOL

Well, I suppose that’s enough … it’s time for super dog’s dinner and my fingers are now a little chilly AND I’m thinking that’s the Robin Mom scolding me for being in her space.  She should be warming up the eggs.  Ok, then maybe our dinner’s ready pretty soon too?  Better get to checking that out!



  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.