Attention :)

Please also see Ann's Web Page called Multiplework

Dissociative Identity Disorder Blog

Updated! Please see Ann's Blog Roll in right sidebar by scrolling down for links to other People (approximately 100 bloggers) like us who currently (within 1 year) write about their Dissociative Identity in open Blogs. For additional support for Multiplicity our email is and our Twitter account (@aynetal3), which lists approximately 300 Multiples. Keep looking for others - they are OUT there!

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

It's a dog day afternoon

Monday, May 4, 2015 @ 11:16 am
Good morning, or what’s left of it.  We’ve been up and down for a while, but for the moment we’re up.  J  This is the Monday after a quilting weekend so we’re not sure how its going to turn out or not.  We’ve also got Maury’s two dogs Lady and Max, so there are other excitements going around.  They play tug of war until they drop, and then they get up and play some more.  We were all up about 4:30 am and Rich said he was up with them at 1:30 am.  I think we then slept from about 7 – 9:45 am and have been going since.  Dogs have been fed and taken out several times – and we’re thinking that if we took our shower early we could go outside with them, but we’re thinking it’s going to be a lot of untangling of cords.  But, would get them fresh air so that be good.  I don’t know if we’ve got all three leashes out there – I asked Rich for them, but we’ll have to see.  Plus we’re going to need keeping water out there for them, so might have to bring out a gallon. 
Eh, maybe this afternoon.  I’m pretty sure we’ll bring the little computer and then just see how that goes.  Biggest barrier to the point is that I need a shower, AND I have some toothache WITH no dentist in site.  It’s been a long time since we’ve gone and the one we used in Brookfield became too pricey.  I’m having trouble with a space the tooth broke off … we’re thinking its infected below the gum line.  I guess we’re going to have to call the dental insurance and see what we can do.  Rich has taken a dentist from them in Aurora and I’m thinking we’re not going to get any better or closer – though there are some in Sandwich and it be really nice to be close to home.  Just don’t see that it’s going to happen.  Up to this point the space didn’t hurt, but now it does and its being affected by the cold diet coke we’re drinking … TRIPLE Rats! 
I’ll see what Rich has to say first.  I don’t think the dental plan offers a lot.  There IS a dental credit card like thing that we had, that still might be good, but maybe only up to what?  Just don’t know.  Has to get checked out.  Don’t remember the name.  If it isn’t in my cards, we’d have to find it somewhere.
Ok, doing something at least … didn’t find the other card, but located my cards and found the dental insurance.  We’re on hold to talk to a representative.  Just interested in where she’s going to send me for a dentist.  I’ll take a closest name, and then compare it with Rich’s information.  Most likely we’ll end up going with him, but recall him saying it wasn’t any special treatment – more the kind you get for being on a “plan.”  That scares me.  Wish I could remember the name of that other dental card – thinking it’s in one of the paperwork folders, just don’t remember what we filed under.  I think the last time in we were quoted like about $8,400 worth of work necessary to be done … That’s just not going to happen, we don’t have that kind of money.  You know?  Especially – in that Rich has dental problems too. 
Don’t think we can fool around with it any longer – not being able to drink a cold drink coming up to summer would be really bad – plus by now you REALLY know something is wrong.  Dr. Albright saw it too when she looked in there the other day – she just said, “Oh you have dental work you need to do.”  Don’t think anything is hiding in there.
Hmm, Lady is growling at the table … Pretty sure she wants Dakota’s Aardvark up there, but it’s there for a reason.  She would take it apart – where Dakota just uses it as a security blanket – he carries it around lovingly and lays down with it.  Sorry Lady that aardvark isn’t going anywhere.  If she jumped up on the table she could get it, but she’s already up on the fireplace stones don’t think she’ll dare it.  She’s interested though. Now we’re kind of teasing her.  Hmm, should I put it up high and get it out of the way or chance having to chase her down when she nabs it … whoops, she’s barking now better hide it.  Hehehe
That was a good Ann … we put it up on the mantel.  Hmm, now she’s noticing where we keep our doggie snacks over there.  She’s kind of inquisitive.  She must have a good nose and plenty of energy to be up and snooping while the other dogs are taking the break to rest.  She’s staring at it … nope that’s not going anywhere.  I think she’s exploring elsewhere now.  Good for me.
These are the kinds of things you think of when you are put on hold.  It doesn’t hurt too much if we take small sips and let it go straight back.  My phone was blanking out on the numerical keyboard screen when it gave us an option one to have them call back.  Drat hate waiting, BUT it’s not so bad if we get to type, right?  We’ve got it on speaker phone.  The recording isn’t as bad as the one for the doctor’s office and the machine periodically tells us they appreciate us for waiting that helps ;)
Ok, what’s next on the agenda?  We did post the smaller 4 page note yesterday that we’d written out on the patio after the quilting … I love when we get something down and it seems now that we’ve been a little more regular.  Maybe not too much interesting though.  I don’t know if we’re really done talking about the sewing weekend.  Might want to think of that a little bit.  The one thing I know is that we didn’t talk about our sewing project.
What we worked on was the two 5 x 5 blocks for the two girls’ quilt backs.  That seems to have taken up most of our time.  There was some time toward the end to cut the first cuts on the fleece material.  We had gotten the two patterns and Linda helped us with the numbers in cutting out the material, but we didn’t have enough fabric for the pillows – so have to come up with something for that.  We do have the pillow part done with the 3 blocks, but just don’t have the nice fleecy material.  AND, we didn’t have enough fleece material for the binding or border – so we’re glad that wasn’t precut first before the regular back. 
What we did cut was 6 – 38” x 60” blocks and 1 – 35” x 60” block.  It isn’t perfect cutting, but there’s extra just to hold it on the machine.  We’ll need 4 of the former pieces for tops and bottoms, and then 1 and a 1/3 pieces will cover the extra 18” those pieces need and then we should have enough with the other piece and 2/3 to cover the side pieces.  Each of these pieces surround the 5x5 blocks in the middle which are like 35 ¾” … It should work.  We did not have enough of the sash to finish the blocks on the back.  We had enough to do the vertical/column pieces on each of the 25 blocks on both quilts, but then we brought some extra black fabric of another color and used that for the 12 horizontal lines.  You would have thought that we could do more than that, but it’s about all.  There was extra time taken in premeasuring things and discussing with others, especially Linda about how to get things done.
I’m left a little grumpy thinking how in the world did I spend a whole day quilting and only get that much accomplished?  Shoot – that’s the pits!
Ok, in the meantime, I got a hold of a representative and he said that I already have a dentist Dr. Donald Teller at 143 S. Lincoln Avenue in Aurora.  So we made an appointment for Friday at 9 am.  That seems to be a pretty good idea.  We’ll have to call ahead – LATER to assure that I won’t have trouble brining in Dakota.  I might cut cold drinks short though this weekend, and I’m guessing ice cream is off the block too.
Also, while we were gone, we did a round of taking the dogs out.  We took Max first and he went running up against his collar/leash in trying to get to the new husky next door.  Both he and the husky were barking so we yelled from here and Jerry yelled from his direction not at each other, but at the dogs.  That led to just a stand-off.  Then I thought that Max was going to wrap the chain on a pole out there, so we went inside to put on some clothes.  He’d fixed it AND went to the bathroom so we were happy about that.  Dakota went out next because he’s the quickest – Max is the most urgent, and then after Dakota got back, we let out Lady who LOVES to take her time.  She went toward the end of the line too toward the Husky, but she didn’t pull on the leash – just walked carefully to its end.  AND, in the end all of everything – all the dogs did BOTH functions so they got treated once inside.  Good boys and girl!       
Very successful run AND it did get me dressed.  They see something out to the side front, probably the dog across the street, but we’ll hope they settle down again.  It’s almost 12:30 pm AND we had taken our medicine a half hour early, but we’re thinking its time to eat.  Maybe a can of soup while we type … QUICK and easy!
Hmm, that doesn’t feel so good on the tooth either .. it’s the Progresso Light chicken and Cheese Enchilada soup.  At LEAST we made an appointment – Good ANN!
Time to move on – still feeling like we’d like to say a little more about the weekend.  It’s such a big deal when the girls and us get together.  I think we were having normal type conversations – and I don’t want to spill my guts there – but, can I at least say that the times I’m up there with them are some of my nicest hours – OTHER than those with Rich and the kids, but still really high up there! 
We did have a little different time too in that when we’re up there – Carol the manager seems to spend a little bit of time with us as a group.  We get to hear little bits and pieces of things happening.  Like this time when I’d come in a little boy – about 4 years old ran up to me to pet the dog.  I saw his eyes attach and I looked desperately for a parent, but no one was there.  There were two 8-9 year old girls that came over too, but apparently they weren’t with the little boy directly.  I was very grateful for him that I didn’t have a dangerous kind of dog, but for a little kid to rush a dog like that – could have been very dangerous.  We just had Dakota sit and the little boy pet him for a moment.  Pretty soon he went running down the hall and tried to get in the swimming pool area with a couple other kids.  BUT, one of the hotel people grabbed him and said he was going to have to come back in the office until his parents could be found.
Two hours later, they were still not found and the hotel called the police, which brought the ambulance and fire truck too.  That was about the time Connie Sue was getting there because she saw all that on her way in.  Apparently, the boy did guess the room right, but the parents weren’t responding to the knocks – that’s why the police were there and went in for the hotel.  They were sleeping something off.  There was something to do with a friend of theirs daughter too, but I wasn’t sure of that part – I don’t think it was her responsibility to watch the boy – just knew SOMEONE should watch them.  That’s about all the story I knew … Just the conversation went toward the little boy who didn’t have anyone to pay attention to him and that he was hyper and autistic.  I could see in the old days’ one of our boys – maybe especially Joe do the same kind of thing as to being out of the room.  I was never irresponsibly drunk or high with the boys, but there was one day we were out of it because we’d gotten sun poisoning.  Fortunately our three were with two older boys and they were ok together – still they were young enough so that it could have been dangerous.
I thought of Joe though, because we could remember being in hotels, and Joe waking up first – just like he did this last month when at the hotel with us – and that he would take himself to breakfast at the breakfast bar before anyone else got there.  I think I had the sense that he always thought of himself as an adult.  Thing was he was getting his own breakfast and not running up and down the hall AND he was older!  He’s always been responsible.
The day after – yesterday/Sunday was pretty good too though a little tense for us.  Dakota hadn’t done a stool and he’d passed his third meal where usually its pretty much one on one.  I had taken as long a trip out there as I could, but I knew he eventually was done with it, because he’d stop exploring and come back to us and would sit by our feet.  It’s always hard because of our lack of standing ability.  One of the twins tried to take him once when we were all packing up, but he wouldn’t even pee for them.  I was afraid he would wake us during the night, but he didn’t …. Again it was 1:30 am and we were both exhausted.  I took care of everything with us and our stuff and brought it out to the car about 8 am and then put the 2 pieces in the car and waited for him to try again.  But that was only partially helpful.  So, we decided to go back for breakfast.  It’s a little hard getting your plate while holding a leash, but we managed and breakfast was fine.  Then we poured ourselves finally a cup of coffee and brought it to the car.  Then we drove to the back of the hotel where there was a grassy knoll heheh and then and there he performed the miracle!  Maybe because we were more relaxed.  We were able to sit down in the car – and let him stretch the leash.  We then picked it up, threw it away and were on our happy way!
We felt VERY accomplished – had done the hotel experience and had had no major upsets!  YAY!  PLUS, he was good to go for the whole trip back.
During parts we were feeling pretty tired, but we were resolved to do the trip.  The problem part was that we couldn’t get our phone GPS to work … so after playing with it about 10 minutes, we decided to try the trip without the extra help … FORTUNATELY we did great!  We did the whole drive without needing map assistance.  I was so proud of us, because we don’t usually remember that kind of stuff – EVEN if we’ve been going to this hotel years.  We haven’t caught on real well driving on the farm roads, but we DID IT!  YAY!
I think we wrote about getting back yesterday so we won’t cover that again, but believe me – AND Dakota when we say there’s nothing like being home to be doing “your business!”
I think we watched TV with Rich last night and it didn’t take us long to fall asleep.  Rich is great helping us out there.  He lets us massage him until we drop.  Then he makes sure we’re under the covers before saying good night.  Good Rich!
There, thinking you’re all caught up.  Double YAY!
So moving on, what’s next?
We’ve been having trouble with our Internet, so we’re trying that again.  And hoping for more success.  It’s really slow and sluggish, and I don’t know if we don’t have a bug. 
Ahh so far so good ... it seems to be working for the moment.  Boy Maury’s dogs are pretty jumpy … they hear a voice and they are like up and barking!  That can’t be a good sign for people living in an apartment?  Hmm, lady just came and dropped a tennis ball at my feet what could she possibly want?  Maybe I better check those leashes, hmm?
Monday, May 4, 2015 @ 1:30 pm
Afternoon … this is just us continuing the work we were doing inside, but now we’re outside with the dogs.  We’ve watched them a bit get there cords tangled in an out of each other.  Right now they are all laying down.  They’ve tipped over their water, Lady and Dakota are on the cement and Max is out by the tree he walked around to shorten his leash.  I think he’s in a position to figure that out!  Yay he’s doing it.  Eventually they will want to wander somewhere so they can walk it out.  Sometimes though we have to help because it gets way too tight.  Hmm, Max is up  and snooping again, but maybe he’ll settle down.  They each seem to be grazing on some of the longer grasses next to the shrubs, house and stuff.  Like sheep they are. 
I did toss out their tug of war toy, but they’re not up to that right now.  Maybe later after they rest and have gotten used to being out and such.  Rich did put out SOME fencing, but they can walk over it and it doesn’t come to the ends of where it needs to be so they are having trouble getting wound up in it.  I figure I’ll let them each get stuck where theyare for a while.  They can then lay down and rest before they choose to tangle themselves again.  I know I know … with three chains and three dogs, it’s hard to get it all straight.  Right now though lady is laying under me so it’s hard to get to Dakota with his really short leash. 
Ok, I took pity on them.  They are all untangled for the moment, but they’reup doing the dance again no promises.  What on Earth are they sniffing!??  And there sits the upside down watering bowl.  *sigh*  Can’t figure out yet where to keep it where their leashes aren’t going to tip it over.  Ahh two dogs down and … three?  Max laid down on the wet cement – suppose that has some advantages.  Dakota is out laying in the grass … and Lady?  She’s still thinking.  I want them all settled so I can  concentrate a little again.  She went over to check out Dakota.  Will she fall for the same tree as Max?  There is sure a lot of piddllin.  They’ve all marked the tree, then Lady went on the grass so Dakota woke up and refreshed that spot.  It’s a nice little front yard ;)     
Hmm, max just blessed the same spot lady and Dakota did … must be their group brand *sigh*
Lady and Dakota down now Max is up?  Lay down boy!  Oh Lord now Don is out …Please please don’t come over here and set them all off again, plus US!  We’re trying to calm ourselves down into the afternoon … Hard with three dogs.  Plus there’s a good chance he could let his dogs out and then the two of them he and his wife will be out there yelling again.  Just want peace – and we’re going to get it even if we have to lock ourselves in with the cat!  Shoot shoot – now there is some kind of buzzing animal –BUT they are all down!  Just gotta hope that things quiet down now over at Don’s place.  Shoot shoot, when did I get this particular? 
Maybe I’m having a hard time paying attention to so many others again.  It’s been a while since we have sat.  Our interruption of sleep this morning should have been covered by the long nap and we’re still 1 ½ hours away from our next medicine.  We can do this, right?  Oh shoot shoot … battery is low.  We’ve got the cord, but we’ll disrupt the animals in the process.  DRAT I hate bad moods.
I fixed the cord, but two of the animals are up again –both of Maurys dogs and they’ve decided to play tug of war – yup yup that’s got Dakota’s interest too.  He figured out how to unstick himself – and now they are all out there
Oh lordy – they’ve all been wrestling – we got some pictures, but we’ll never untangle that mess.  I made them stop, fed them all some water and now 2 of the three are down … why’s this so hard?  Dakota and Lady both laying down on the wet cement – and now max is laying in the cooler leafy garden area – no flowers there, but shrubs.  Go figure.  At least the neighbors don’t think we’re dog fighting here!  Dakota is the noisiest of the three – the other two fight silently.  Dakota is now out there shaking up trouble, BUT there is a nice coolish breeze, maybe they will get into that and rest up?
Hmm, Rich just got home like he said he might … I had forgotten, but it’s now 2pm.  He was coming from the direction of his mothers and he said he’s going to change and then work on the boat.  That’s a good idea I guess.  The dogs are all handling that he’s home without going crazy.  We’re hoping we’re at least making a dent in wearing them out.  That be a good idea, right?
If only one more would lay down.  He’s being bothered by a machine sound in the background.  Ok, there we go … all three laying down.  BUT, the drilling noise continues.  YEEKS … that might drive us a little nutty.  Shoot I did something and it made my screen go darker, but in the meantime I did find my music station.  Least I think we did.  Guess, we have to deal with the darker screen until we get frustrated enough to figure it out again.  I had thought we’d turned off the machine, so I don’t want to mess with the on and off button. 
Dammit dammit dammit.  Here comes Don … I don’t want to talk to him.
There we did it … we waved back – and responded to his voice callout, but we kept typing … that’s a good start … we have to be able to be out here without paying attention to him.  The three dogs went out toward him, but are so woven together they are acting as a three headed dog.  The music is nice – feels it gives me some of my own space that includes movement, but now the dogs are playfighting again.  It’s better with the tug of war … Got the screen a little better, but it’s still not optimal – oh well eventually.  Don said something about sending over two more dogs and we waved are hand no – like please leave us alone.  Well that’s what we were feeling. 
Now another dog wrestling match, but this time all three laid down.  It doesn’t take much to get them excited.  I’m afraid the dog fighting part seems overly serious.  It really isn’t, but I don’t want to scare the neighbors. 
Turned on some softer piano music -  we’ll see how that goes.  Maybe it’s going to get faster and then we’ll have to deal with that too.  Just not sure where we are musically.  The dogs are calming to the piano though so we’ll use that one for a bit.  We don’t have it too loud to shake the neighborhood or anything.  It’s been a trying time.  Hate to think we’re just waiting until we get to the next medicine.  That wouldn’t be great.  Just the first day though right?  We haven’t fell into our pattern – meaning me and the dogs.  Sooner or later.  I do like the temperature out here and the so-so background of cars on the busier 29 th street and people coming periodically into or out of the park.  Some wave, but we try to ignore them by not looking up.  I want people to know that we come out here to be in our own space – with or without the three dogs.  Just couldn’t see being out here and leaving them inside, that just be too wrong.  Dogs need time outside, right?
Ok, now that it’s calmer, is there anything I need to be thinking of? 
I should probably call my mother back to make sure she’s good with the mother’s day gift.  She called while we were quilting and had no time to talk – especially with CS there …  I think she gets the gift and likes it, just didn’t have a chance to really check it out.  AND, last week we sent out copies of pictures that we’d collected of our sons and in-laws and grandchildren.  I’m hoping that she got that ok.  It was a really good collection so we sent it out a few more places like Rich, Dr. Marvin and the girls.  Really proud of my family … they just all seem to be in a very good place right now.  Everyone’s taken care of themselves, working on their relationships and work seems to be just about right.  Nobody is having a disaster.  Sometimes that’s the most peaceful thought one can have. 
Ahh now with the piano music, we are picking up the birds – perhaps singing with it.  It is songs of George Winston. This is the longest that the dogs have held still AND Rich is home everyone is safe and sound.  YAY!
We’re seeing a lot of dandelions when we look up –mostly on the landlords property so we’re all good with that.  We have just a few by comparison.  Ahh nice piece of the song.  Rolling notes!  What must it be like to be able to make those kinds of sounds?  Ahh Just snapped a few more pictures.  This is the peacefulness we were praying for. 
Next?  Lets see any plans for the day?  Not much.  Hehehe you thought we were kidding when we said we’re shooting toward the next time we can take some medicine?  Ok, ok uncle.  That’s not for real mostly.  It is a turning of the day.  I’d say around 2:30 pm is the middle of the afternoon and that’s where we are.  About 3:30 we’re wondering where our dirty dishes are – at least of late.  I think that we’re going to need an late afternoon shower, since we didn’t manage that yet.  Other than that no real plans.  We were caught up with household and laundry on Friday and then both Rich and us were gone.  SWEET!
I don’t think we have too much magical thinking where we think we’ve got the world by the tail.  Just thinking now maybe for the first time in a while – at least over the weekend about reading from the Great Book series.  Didn’t wake up thinking about it – just taking care of the dogs.  Maybe there would be some time for that later.  I think it’s a possibility though that we just watch some Monday night shows.  I think it’s still the good night, but we can’t remember what we watch.  Ok, either tv or Plato hehhe … oh Lordy what’s the matter with our mind.  Better get back to the Plato and now our Bible has come in too – WITH the appropriate markers and pens.  I think we might use the set for marking in the great books too.  Just they don’t have the same wide margins as the Bible.  Wow that’s a nice part about all that … remember that we were reading about things of importance?
We’ve got a change up with Dr. appointments too.  The new Dr. Dorman tomorrow, then on Thursday on the phone with Dr. Marvin – nothing for Tuesday, and then the new dentist for Friday.  Pretty good for doing both that and dogs.  Maury still thinks he’s coming over on Friday for the dogs and a sleepover for the girls.  Guess that will be another housecleaning day.  Glad to get the dentist over in the morning – hope that all works out.  If we are lucky, Rich can come with us because we’re not sure of the work that will be done.  Maybe it will be like his two root canals where they just take xrays and then send you to a specialist?  Could be. 
Shoot shoot.  I refuse to believe that we have to go to the bathroom.  Just low warning signs.  I’m not getting up until these dogs do.  We were always the mother that didn’t like to wake sleeping children.  As long as they are quiet, we can hold ourselves, right?  Ok, this isn’t exactly the profound stuff.  But we are processing and that’s part – maybe mostly what we do.  I think we might have another 15 minutes before the school kids come home and that will cause raucous.  I think we’re going to let in all the dogs and then try to figure out how to unravel all the leashes.  That’s a good idea, and then, maybe when we go inside we can go back and do some of the reading.  We won’t have Dr. Marvin to talk about it to tomorrow, but maybe we can do that, light housekeeping, AND keep up with the blogging.
Mainly I think blogging right now is to be doing something between our hands and mind.  Thinking now of Joe and his snoopy mind.  Hehe … they were good years to be a mother. 
Maybe we can make it a goal to get a couple of references done AND to be remembering them.  I think I’ve got a spot on the couch just set up for that.  Oh oh … Joe across the street had out his collie.  Lucky that the dogs didn’t see that.  Hmm, maybe one of them did … seems Max is sniffing the air toward that direction.  The other two didn’t lift his head.  If Max didn’t charge it then that’s a good sign.  Good animals!
Shoot there seems to be a problem on the top AND bottom of the right side of my mouth.  That can’t be a very good idea.  I think we’ll play Winston inside too – can’t believe the mileage we’re getting here on peaceful dogs!  Now that I think of it – that’s what we remember before is watching the periods in-between dog movement.  Maybe it’s the same as when you had kids?  You play toward when everyone is actively involved OR sleeping!
Funny for being out here so much or maybe WILL be out here, we’re not getting a very good idea of who belongs to all the vehicles.  That last one had loud music – that was untasteful.  Maybe we should start by doing an age/sex check?  That be good – I don’t think we could do better with matching vehicles except maybe green 4 door or red suv, or pink truck.  Well, I would notice that.  Younger female – plus passenger mom type driving a black pick-up to the north side.  AHA vehicle check #1.  J It’s harder I think or will be to identify drivers going down the south side.  To the north of our house is Chrissy Drive and to the south is Peggy Drive.  It doesn’t get more complicate than that. 
Hmm, might not last much longer.  We’ve got hunger issues coming up … forgot to finish the soup for lunch.  I wonder how my teeth are going to react to vegetables.  Think we still have some of them.  It’s almost 3 pm.  Don’t you wonder what we really get accomplished during a day?  Pretty much just think passively about the things happening around us.  It’s a little weird I suppose, but what would be the alternative?  I suppose more doing and less writing, but that wouldn’t be our style.  Ok, two blue and white truck and gray suv both southside one behind the other and couldn’t see either driver.  Gray four door and gray suv … thinking all the mothers getting home for school kids?  First was north and then the second was south.  The north woman was middle aged brown hair. 
Ok, maybe that would get tiresome all day.  Hmm, Joe has his lab out … max noticed and all three popped up.  They are all standing in a line looking wantonly.  Now they’re checking out Don because his door opened and he has his dog out.  Ok ok uncle AND bathroom –better to go in for a bit … Yay we made it to the school kids and the three dots watched – two laying down and NOONE barked!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.