It's your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!
1. Did you know your spouse/significant other? Nooo … wouldn’t meet him for another 16 years!
2. Did you car pool? I was the driver by senior year
3. What kind of car did you drive? Just knew it was a light blue Plymouth. Unfortunately, I crashed it … and ended up with my Grandfather’s car, don’t remember what kind it was thought maybe brown?
4. It's FRIDAY night where did you go? Usually to a football, basketball game (played in band which played for the big games), or over at one of my friend’s house to play ping-pong or something of the sort
5. What kind of job did you have? I worked at my Dad’s gas station, worked at a real estate office doing grunt work, and then took a job typing labels – needed money for college – during the summer before we had 3 jobs YEEKS!
6. Were you a party animal? Yeeks a what!?? Nothing like that.
7. Were you considered popular? I had a circle of friends, primarily band and sports, but no we were not popular – just close enough to be having a good time.
8. Were you in band/choir? Yes, we were in concert and marching band – played the clarinet
9. Were you a nerd? We were an “A” student, but considered the nerds more the ones who had “A’s” in science and math … back then it was jocks and “freaks” We were a jock and thought freaks were those who smoked and such … we were ignorant
10. Did you get suspended or expelled? No, we were more like the type to get called to the office to replace a secretary on switch board, because the secretaries were at an office party, or we would run notes for them.
11. Can you sing the School song? Nope, we couldn’t even remember it on the clarinet – stumbled through it anyway
12. Where did you go to lunch? the lunchroom? I was the secretary of band, so we had an office in the back of Mr. Melting’s office – it’s where we did things like sort or copy music, have lunch, or meet with a few friends – did errands for Mr. Melting
13. Where was your high school? Blaine, MN
14. What was your mascot? a Bengal Tiger
15. If you could go back and do it over again, would you? Yes, I would if I could have the opportunity to
be wiser in some of our choices, but being 16 again – no way!
16. Did you have fun at prom? Never went- wasn’t interested
17. Do you still talk to the person you went with? I think we started dating around that time, but no we don’t connect. I started seeing my now ex-husband soon after college started – let go of the other life. We made it 13 years married and let go of that, and now we are at 23 years with Rich and NOT letting go!
18. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Nooo
19. Are you still in contact with people from high school? We are in contact through FB with about 30 people
20. Did you skip school/class? All the time. Mr. Melting the band director would open the back door for Becky and us to get him donuts. YAY!
21. How old were you when you graduated? 17 (turned 18 in July)
22. If you could do one thing over in high school what would you do? I would do it pretty much the same, but we were really having a bad time with family – we learned to lean on our school life. I would like to have had an easier and more positive home life to match the school life, but then having a bad home life gave me reason to be “living” at the school.
Thanks, Cari for the opportunity to think through these thoughts. I really did have a great high school and high school life. I was involved in three sports (cross country skiing, volleyball and softball), band, office and enjoyed most of the classes. We could figure out how to do good grades. But, the especially part? We had Good teachers and friends.